the new poppy

please log in. thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

the new poppy

please log in. thank you.

the new poppy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail.

xox.
    xox.

bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail. Empty bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail.

Post  xox. Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 am

Ok so I am looking at photos on a facebook fanpage one of the boston bruins logo came up. So I commented "I have the weirdest combo of teams since my dad is from Canada: sox, celtics, pats, and...canadians!
    Go habs go!" habs is the nickname for the Montreal canadians. So I check the photo later to see if anyone commented. So this guy commented "HABS SUCK YOU FAG" so I clicked his name to see his age: under his "high school" it said "SAMPLE school '15"
    So I got called a fag by a 7th grader. So I called him a fail and to pull his fat head out of his ass and that he needs to pay attention in 7th grade English and spell right. So that made my day.
    dead hearts
    dead hearts
    Admin

bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail. Empty Re: bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail.

Post  dead hearts Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 pm

bwahahhahahahaahhahha fail. Histericalfrog
    rosie
    rosie
    Admin

Post  rosie Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 pm

you should've told him to look up the etymology of fag
    xox.
    xox.

Post  xox. Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:29 pm

jackie o wrote:you should've told him to look up the etymology of fag

i should've...
    syupeo geol
    Admin

Post  syupeo geol Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:11 pm

i don't get it...
    xox.
    xox.

Post  xox. Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 pm

etymologies are not definitions; they're explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago.
    here are some of the meanings that i found:
    fag (v.)
    "to droop, decline, tire," 1530, apparently an alteration of flag in its verbal sense of "droop." Trans. sense of "to make (someone or something) fatigued" is first attested 1826.
    fag (n.) British slang for "cigarette" (originally, especially, the butt of a smoked cigarette), 1888, probably from fag-end "extreme end, loose piece" (1613), from fag "loose piece" (1486), perhaps related to fag (v.).

faggot (1)
    1279, "bundle of twigs bound up," from O.Fr. fagot "bundle of sticks," from It. faggotto, dim. of V.L. *facus, from L. fascis "bundle of wood" (see fasces). Esp. used for burning heretics (a sense attested from 1555), so that phrase fire and faggot was used to mean "punishment of a heretic." Heretics who recanted were required to wear an embroidered figure of a faggot on their sleeve, as an emblem and reminder of what they deserved.

faggot (2)
    "male homosexual," 1914, Amer.Eng. slang (shortened form fag is from 1921), probably from earlier contemptuous term for "woman" (1591), especially an old and unpleasant one, in reference to faggot (1) "bundle of sticks," as something awkward that has to be carried (cf. baggage). It was used in this sense in 20c. by D.H. Lawrence and James Joyce, among others. It may also be reinforced by Yiddish faygele "homosexual," lit. "little bird." It also may have roots in Brit. public school slang fag "a junior who does certain duties for a senior" (1785), with suggestions of "catamite," from fag (v.). This was also used as a verb.
    <BLOCKQUOTE>"He [the prefect] used to fag me to blow the chapel organ for him." ["Boy's Own Paper," 1889]</BLOCKQUOTE>
    Other obsolete senses of faggot were "man hired into military service simply to fill out the ranks at muster" (1700) and "vote manufactured for party purposes" (1817). The oft-heard statement that male homosexuals were called faggots in reference to their being burned at the stake is an etymological urban legend. Burning was sometimes a punishment meted out to homosexuals in Christian Europe (on the suggestion of the Biblical fate of Sodom and Gomorah), but in England, where parliament had made homosexuality a capital offense in 1533, hanging was the method prescribed. Any use of faggot in connection with public executions had long become an English historical obscurity by the time the word began to be used for "male homosexual" in 20th century American slang, whereas the contemptuous slang word for "woman" (and the other possible sources or influences listed here) was in active use.

so....i am guessing he meant the last one... so he was extremely inaccurate: because i am NOT a male homosexual thank you very much.

EDIT: or a unpleasent old woman. i am a healthy teenage girl. well, this guy was definately a "faggot" (male homosexual) because i friended him just to bitch to him: and when he made another post to a fanpage i am a fan of, it showed up in my newsfeed and it said: "hey male population of this page. i am looking for a good time Wink add me and i can what i can do for you, maybe we can swap pics Wink okay bye."
    syupeo geol
    Admin

Post  syupeo geol Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:07 am

i know that. but i don't find it funny...
    dead hearts
    dead hearts
    Admin

Post  dead hearts Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:41 pm

LMAO . ^
    rosie
    rosie
    Admin

Post  rosie Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:45 pm

it's not funny. it's super derogatory.
    kayla

Post  kayla Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:50 pm

TL DR except for the 1st part...
    dead hearts
    dead hearts
    Admin

Post  dead hearts Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

jackie o wrote:it's not funny. it's super derogatory.

i was just laughing at shayie....so...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content